We want to assist physicians, facilities and other providers in accurate claims submissions and to outline the basis for reimbursement if the service is covered by a member’s benefit plan. Keep in mind that determination of coverage under a member's benefit plan does not necessarily ensure reimbursement.
These policies may be superseded by state, federal or CMS requirements. Providers and facilities are required to use industry standard codes for claim submissions. Services should be billed with CPT® codes, HCPCS codes and/or revenue codes. The billed code(s) should be fully supported in the medical record and/or office notes. Industry practices are constantly changing, and we reserve the right to review and revise policies periodically.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Member Eligibility & Pharmacy Overview
- Policies, Guidelines & Manuals
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Electronic Data Interchange