Contact Amerigroup Community Care
Amerigroup Amerivantage (Medicare Advantage)
Local phone number
Receive email from Amerigroup
Amerigroup is now sending some bulletins, policy change notifications, prior authorization update information, educational opportunities and more to providers via email.
Email a Provider Experience associate
Did you know that most questions and issues can be resolved by using the Amerigroup Community Care provider self-service tools? Please use Availity for inquiries like payment disputes, provider data updates, claims status, member eligibility, etc. You can also live chat with an Amerigroup associate from within the Availity Portal.
For other issues, you can message the Provider Experience team. Your Provider Experience representative will respond – usually within two business days.
- TTY: 711
When members need information and education about medical conditions, health care and prevention, our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine provides them with triage services and helps direct them to appropriate levels of care. We have listed the 24-hour Nurse HelpLine telephone number on our members’ ID cards to ensure they can access health care information whenever they need it.
Our Nurse HelpLine offers:
- Availability 24/7.
- Information based on nationally recognized and accepted guidelines.
- Translation services in 150 different languages and for members with difficulty hearing.
- Education for members about appropriate alternatives for handling non-emergent medical conditions.
- Member's assessment reports faxed to provider's office within 24 hours of receipt of the call.
- Monthly postcards mailed to members who have accessed the emergency room in the past month to reinforce the importance of notifying the primary care provider of health concerns.
- TTY: 711
Teladoc physician consultation services are available through the 24-hour Nurse HelpLine 24/7 for our Amerigroup Amerivantage members.
Our care managers are licensed nurses and social workers and are available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday. Confidential voice mail is available 24 hours a day.
Please call 1-888-830-4300 to reach one of our care managers. Your patients can get information about Disease Management program services by visiting https://www.myamerigroup.com/nj/home.html or calling 1-888-830-4300.
Do you have questions for our Technical Support team? Call us for assistance:
- Amerigroup Amerivantage providers: 1-866-805-4589
- All other provider: 1-800-454-3730
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization lookup tool
- Prior Authorization requirements
- Claims overview
- Member eligibility & pharmacy overview
- Provider manual and guides
- Training Academy
- Pharmacy information
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)