Amerigroup Community Care offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos and other training documentation as they are available.
Training and Tutorials
- Amerigroup Community Care provider webinar — new event on July 13, 2022
- Medicare Advantage - Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) FAQ
- Hepatitis C OBAT Navigator Skills Lab offered by Camden Coalition
- Amerigroup Community Care In New Jersey Provider Forum Q&A
- Managed Long-term Services and Supports
- DSNP Overview Training
- Medical Appeal Process Training
- Information About 2020 Special Needs Plans
- Member Information and Panel Listing
- FCS DMS NJ Remittance Inquiry Tool
- Access and Availability Standards
- Provider coding education webinars and on-demand trainings are now available
- Resources for working with diverse patients
- OBAT training offerings
- Medicare Advantage - Medicare Risk Adjustment Provider Documentation and Coding Guide
- Healthy Rewards Flyer
- Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) FAQ
Provider Pathways eLearning
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Amerigroup Community Care. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff. Learn more about Provider Pathways
Caring for diverse patients toolkit
Caring for Diverse Populations Toolkit is a comprehensive resource to help providers and office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs, and needs of diverse patients. It's also an educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Amerigroup Community Care.
Resources for working with diverse patients
Amerigroup Community Care offers resources to support your diverse patient panel on the provider website.
- MyDiversePatients.com offers tools and resources, including continuing medical education (CME) courses at no cost.
The provider manual provides key administrative information, including the quality improvement program, the Utilization Management program, quality standards for participation, claims appeals, and reimbursement and administration policies.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinicians' tool for identifying risky behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders.
The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
If you wish to print SBIRT educational materials, please review the links to obtain a downloadable flier and brochure. For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations consultant.
Learn about Availity
Many of the tools you need — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Cultural competency resources
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patients website offers learning experiences, techniques, and helps you to provide the individualized care every patient deserves regardless of their diverse backgrounds.
Improving the Patient Experience
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience is an online course for providers and office staff that addresses gaps in care and offers approaches to communication with patients. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one continuing medical education (CME) credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Improving the Patient Experience CME
Cultural competency and patient engagement
A training resource to increase cultural and disability competency to help effectively support the health and health care needs of your diverse patients.
Caring for Diverse Populations Toolkit
A comprehensive resource to help providers and office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs, and needs of diverse patients.
Online training in Availity
Amerigroup offers online training to assist you in caring for our members with consideration of their personal language needs, thoughts, customs, beliefs and values.
All contracted health care providers with Amerigroup should complete the online Cultural Competency Training.
Accessing training within Availity
- Log in to Availity Essentials.
- From the Availity home page, select Payer spaces from the top navigation.
- Select the Amerigroup Community Care health plan from the Payer spaces menu.
- Select Access Your Custom Learning Center from the Applications tab.
- Complete your Profile if prompted.
- Choose from the available courses listed, search the catalogue or navigate to specific courses using the Filters menu on the left side of the screen.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization lookup tool
- Prior Authorization requirements
- Claims overview
- Member eligibility & pharmacy overview
- Provider manual and guides
- Training Academy
- Pharmacy information
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)