When members need information and education about medical conditions, health care and prevention, our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine provides them with triage services and helps direct them to appropriate levels of care. We’ve listed the Nurse HelpLine telephone number on our members’ ID cards to ensure they can access health care information whenever they need it.
Our Nurse HelpLine offers:
- Availability 24/7.
- Information based on nationally recognized and accepted guidelines.
- Translation services in 150 different languages and for members with difficulty hearing.
- Education for members about appropriate alternatives for handling nonemergent medical conditions.
- Member's assessment reports faxed to provider's office within 24 hours of receipt of the call.
- Monthly postcards mailed to members who have accessed the emergency room in the past month to reinforce the importance of notifying the PCP of health concerns.