Electronic Data Interchange
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. uses Availity as its exclusive partner for managing all electronic data interchange transactions. Electronic data transactions — including electronic remittance advices (ERA) and electronic funds transfers (EFT) — offer a fast, efficient and cost-effective way for providers and employers to do business.
Electronic data transactions let you:
- Process claims faster by submitting coordination of benefits electronically and fixing errors early with in-system notification and correction
- Reduce overhead and administrative costs by eliminating paper claim submissions
- Speed up enrollment and payment for employer groups benefits
- Submit files within Availity or use your file transfer protocol (FTP) software
Availity supports the following HIPAA transactions:
- Healthcare Claim: Professional (837P)
- Healthcare Claim: Institutional (837I)
- Healthcare Claim: Dental (837D)
- Healthcare Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response (270/271)
- Healthcare Services Prior Authorization (278)
- Healthcare Services Inpatient Admission and Discharge Notification (278N)
- Healthcare Claim Payment/Advice (835)
- Healthcare Claim Status Request and Response (276/277)
- Medical Attachments (275)
Availity offers flexibility to submit transactions via your existing vendor or electronic data software.
Clearinghouse or billing vendor
Please work with your existing vendor to connect with the Availity EDI Gateway.
Electronic data software
Connect with Availity using your in-house electronic data interchange software.
Don’t have an Availity account?Register free now
A Payer ID routes electronic data transactions to the appropriate payer.
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Electronic claims payment through electronic funds transfer (EFT) is a secure and fast way to receive payment, reducing administrative processes. EFT deposits are assigned a trace number that is matched to the 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) for simple payment reconciliation.
As of November 1, 2021, use enrollsafe.payeehub.org to register and manage EFT account changes.
Electronic remittance advice (835)
The 835 eliminates the need for paper remittance reconciliation.
Use Availity to register and manage ERA account changes with these easy steps:
- Log in to Availity.
- Select My Providers > Enrollment Center > ERA Enrollment.
Note: If you use a clearinghouse or vendor, please work with them on ERA registration and receiving your ERAs.
Call Availity Client Services for questions or assistance.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Member Eligibility & Pharmacy Overview
- Policies, Guidelines & Manuals
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Electronic Data Interchange