Provider Training Academy
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos and other training documentation as they become available.
Provider Pathways digital provider orientation
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff.
In order to launch the Provider Pathways eLearning, you must first complete a short registration.
Training and tutorials
- Medicare Advantage - Understanding Medicare Advantage wellness visits
- Health Equity Education Resources for Providers
- Medicare Advantage - Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) FAQ
- Access2Care Provider Reference
- Critical Incident Reporting Process
- DSNP Overview Training
- Behavioral Health Interactive Care Reviewer Training Presentation
- EPSDT Provider Training
- Electronic Filing Options
- Remittance Viewer Process Guide
- Individual CDAC Provider Training
- Peer Support Services Flier
- Medicare Advantage - Availity Portal Training
- Medicare Advantage - Medicare Risk Adjustment Provider Documentation and Coding Guide
- Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) FAQ
- Increase HPV vaccination rates with a strong provider recommendation
Presentations and webinars
- New Provider Orientation
- Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Provider Orientation
- Nursing Facility Orientation
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Orientation
- Medicare Advantage — New Provider Orientation for Amerivantage Dual Coordination (HMO D-SNP)
- Consumer directed attendant care user guide 2022
The Amerigroup provider manuals outline key information about our case management and utilization management programs, quality standards for provider participation, claims and appeal guidance, prior authorization requirements, and much more.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinicians' tool for identifying risky behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders. The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
If you wish to print SBIRT educational materials, please review the links below to obtain a downloadable flier and brochure. For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations representative.
SBIRT provider training can be found using the link below:
Learn about Availity
Many of the tools you need — such as eligibility and benefits inquiries, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Amerigroup offers online training in Availity’s Custom Learning Center to assist you in caring for our members with consideration of their personal language needs, thoughts, customs, beliefs and values.
To access Custom Learning Center:
- Log in to Availity.
- From the Availity home page, select Payer spaces from the top navigation.
- Choose the Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. health plan.
- Choose Access Your Custom Learning Center from the Applications tab.
- Complete your profile if prompted.
- Choose from the available courses listed, search the catalogue or navigate to specific courses from the Filters menu.
Cultural competency resources
Patient panels are growing more diverse and needs are becoming more complex. It is important for providers to have the knowledge, resources and tools to offer culturally competent care. Amerigroup wants to help by offering the following comprehensive trainings and resources, as we all work together to achieve health equity.
Social drivers of health (SDOH): Five-part training series
The Health Equity Population Health Council at Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. is introducing a new five-part training series on the social drivers of health (SDOH) as outlined below for our in-network providers. We hope this series will be beneficial to you in providing whole person care and in assessing and meeting the social health needs of the patients you serve.
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patients website offers learning experiences and resources to help you provide the individualized care every patient deserves, regardless of their diverse backgrounds.
Improving the Patient Experience
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience is an online course for providers and office staff that addresses gaps in care and offers approaches to communication with patients. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one continuing medical education (CME) credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience
Cultural competency and patient engagement
A training resource to increase cultural and disability competency to help effectively support the health and health care needs of your diverse patients. All contracted health care providers with Amerigroup should complete this training.
Engaging a qualified interpreter improves effective communication between you and your patient. The interpreter services guide below outlines the interpreter services available to providers and staff through Amerigroup, in addition to practical tips for communicating with both interpreters and patients who speak limited English. This includes a page in 12 languages to help you say: One moment please while I call an interpreter. This service is free.
Caring for diverse populations
A comprehensive resource to help providers and office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs and needs of diverse patients.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Member Eligibility & Pharmacy Overview
- Policies, Guidelines & Manuals
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Electronic Data Interchange