Integrated health care
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. facilitates integrated physical and behavioral health services as a vital part of health care. Our mission is to address the physical and behavioral health care of members by offering a wide range of targeted interventions, education and enhanced access to care to ensure improved outcomes and quality of life for members.
We work collaboratively with hospitals, group practices, independent behavioral health care providers, community, government agencies, human service districts and other resources. This enables Amerigroup to successfully meet the needs of members with mental health and substance use disorders as well as those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Behavioral Health Areas of Expertise Profile (BHAEP)
The BHAEP is designed to highlight your services, cultural preferences, race, languages spoken, and specialties to our members through the enhancement of our online provider directory. Your answers to the brief survey below will help our members find the right behavioral health provider to fit their unique needs. While extremely helpful in promoting your services, completion of the BHAEP does not affect your credentialing materials/status or provider contract. Because any representation of a clinical area of expertise is based on your self-disclosure and professional judgment, please only select those items that fall within the scope of your state-issued license and clinical experience. Complete the BHAEP survey
We recommend you submit prior authorization requests via Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR), our secure Utilization Management tool available in Availity. With ICR, you can submit or check status of a request, attach clinical documentation and auto-authorize more than 40 common procedures. You may also fax your request via one of the forms below.
Don't have an Availity account?
Need help with Availity?
- Behavioral Health Interactive Care Reviewer Training Presentation
- Behavioral Health - Hawki Covered Benefits
- Behavioral Health - Medicaid Covered Benefits
- Behavioral Health - Health and Wellness Covered Benefits
- Child Mental Health Waiver Guideline
- Crisis Services Clinical Criteria
- Crisis Stabilization Management Guidelines
- Habilitation Services Criteria UM Guidelines
- Iowa Medicaid Integrated Mental Health Services and Supports UM Guideline
- Peer Support Services Flier
- Psychiatric Medical Institutes for Children (PMIC) Referral Process
- Screening for alcohol use disorder in high-prevalence demographics
- Subacute Mental Health Facility - Admission and Continued Stay Criteria
Behavioral health screenings
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Member Eligibility & Pharmacy Overview
- Policies, Guidelines & Manuals
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Electronic Data Interchange