The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS)
The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set® (HEDIS) is a tool used by more than 90% of America’s health plans to measure performance on important dimensions of care and service. Altogether, HEDIS consists of 90 measures across six domains of care. Because so many plans collect HEDIS data and because the measures are so specifically defined, HEDIS makes it possible to compare the performance of health plans on an apples-to-apples basis.
HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity Essentials
- Launch provider learning hub
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Eligibility & Pharmacy Overview
- Provider Manuals and Guides
- Provider Search Tool
- Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)