Amerigroup offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos and other training documentation as they are available.
Training and Tutorials
- Medicare Advantage - Availity Portal Training
- Availity Portal Training
- Home health provider training
- Provider orientation
- Online provider trainings flier
- Medicare Special Needs Plans (SNPs) and Model of Care (MOC) overview
- Member Eligibility, benefits and reimbursement scenarios in Texas
- Information About 2020 Special Needs Plans
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Overview
- Texas Health Steps program provider presentation
Schedules and registration
Amerigroup provider manuals and guides provide key administrative information, including information about member eligibility, covered services, the Utilization Management program, credentialing standards for participation, claims submission and appeals, rights and responsibilities, reimbursement and administration policies, and the Quality Management program. On the Provider Manuals and Guides page, you can also find information about Medical Policies and Clinical Utilization Management Guidelines.
Learn about Availity
Many of the tools you need — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Cultural competency resources
Patient panels are growing more diverse and needs are becoming more complex. It is important for providers to have the knowledge, resources and tools to offer culturally competent care. Amerigroup wants to help by offering the following comprehensive trainings and resources as we all work together to achieve health equity.
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patients website offers learning experiences, techniques, and helps you to provide the individualized care every patient deserves, regardless of their diverse backgrounds.
Improving the Patient Experience
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience is an online course for providers and office staff that addresses gaps in care and offers approaches to communication with patients. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one continuing medical education (CME) credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Cultural competency and patient engagement
A training resource to increase cultural and disability competency to help effectively support the health and healthcare needs of your diverse patients.
Caring for Diverse Populations Toolkit
A comprehensive resource to help providers and office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs, and needs of diverse patients.
Online training in Availity
Amerigroup offers online training to assist you in caring for our members with consideration of their personal language needs, thoughts, customs, beliefs and values.
All contracted healthcare providers with Amerigroup should complete the online Cultural Competency Training.
Accessing training within Availity
- Log in to the Availity Portal.
- From the Availity home page, select Payer Spaces from the top navigation.
- Select the Amerigroup health plan from the Payer Spaces menu.
- Select Access Your Custom Learning Center from the Applications tab.
- Complete your Profile if prompted.
- Choose from the available courses listed, search the catalog or navigate to specific courses using the Filters menu on the left side of the screen.
Online provider training resources
Please join one of our online provider trainings hosted by Amerigroup. New trainings and provider orientation sessions will be scheduled and posted periodically.