Provider manuals and guides
Amerigroup is committed to supporting you in providing quality care and services to our members. Here, you will find information for assessing treatment options, guidelines for clinical Utilization Management (UM), practice policies and support for delivering benefits to our members.
Amerigroup provider manuals provide key administrative information, including plan benefits, member eligibility, the Quality Improvement Program, the UM program, credentialing and quality standards for participation, claims submission and appeals, and reimbursement and administration policies.
- Medicaid/CHIP Provider Manual
- Medicaid/CHIP Provider Quick Reference Guide
- Medicare Provider Manual
- Medicare Provider Dispute, Grievance and Appeal FAQ
- Medicare Advantage Quick Reference Card
- STAR+PLUS MMP (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) Provider Manual
- Amerigroup STAR+PLUS MMP (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) Provider Manual – Nonemergency Medical Transportation services
- Amerigroup STAR+PLUS MMP Provider Manual — Nonemergency Ambulance Transportation services
- Nursing Facility Provider Manual
- Centers of Medical Excellence Transplant Operations Manual
Medical Policies and Clinical UM Guidelines
There are several factors that impact whether a service or procedure is covered under a member’s beneﬁt plan. Medical policies and Clinical Utilization Management (UM) Guidelines are two resources that help us determine if a procedure is medically necessary.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines Matrix — Medicaid Providers and Amerigroup STAR+PLUS MMP Providers
- Updated Clinical Practice and Preventive Guidelines
- Preventive Health Guidelines (English)
- Preventive Health Guidelines (Spanish)
- Medicare Advantage ID Card sample
- February 2020 Clinical Utilization Management (UM) Guidelines
- May 2020 Clinical Utilization Management (UM) Guidelines
- August 2020 Clinical Utilization Management (UM) Guidelines
- November 2020 Clinical Utilization Management (UM) Guidelines