Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Amerigroup Community Care uses Availity* as its exclusive partner for managing all electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions. EDI, including electronic remittance advices (ERAs) and electronic funds transfers (EFTs), allows for a faster, more efficient and cost-effective way for providers and employers to do business.
EDI lets you:
- Process claims faster by submitting coordination of benefits electronically and fixing errors early with in-system notification and correction.
- Reduce overhead and administrative costs by eliminating paper claim submissions.
- Speed up enrollment and payment for employer groups benefits.
- Upload files through file transfer protocol (FTP) or directly in Availity as a batch or single claim submission.
For Amerigroup in Availity, you can complete the following HIPAA transactions:
- 837 - Institutional Claims
- 837 - Professional Claims
- 837 - Dental Claims
- 835 - Electronic Remittance Advice
- 276/277 - Claim Status
- 270/271 - Eligibility Request
- 275 - Electronic Medical Attachments
- 278 - Prior Authorizations and Referrals
Payer IDs route EDI transactions to the appropriate payer.
Amerigroup Payer Name and ID:
- Your Payer Name is Amerigroup.
- Your Payer ID is 26375
- Note: If you use a Billing Company or Clearinghouse for your EDI transmissions, please work with them on which payer ID they want you to use.
Electronic remittance advice (835)
The 835 eliminates the need for paper remittance reconciliation.
Use Availity to register and manage ERA account changes with these easy steps:
- Log in to Availity.
- Select My Providers > Enrollment Center > ERA Enrollment.
Note: If you use a clearinghouse or vendor, please work with them on ERA registration and receiving your ERAs.
Please contact Availity Client Services with any questions at 1-800-AVAILITY (800-282-4548) Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern time).
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Electronic claims payment through electronic funds transfer (EFT) is a secure and fast way to receive payment, reducing administrative processes. EFT deposits are assigned a trace number that is matched to the 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) for simple payment reconciliation.
As of November 1, 2021, use enrollsafe.payeehub.org to register and manage EFT account changes.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Reimbursement Policies
- Provider Manuals, Policies & Guidelines
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Georgia Families 360°℠