We’re glad to hear that you are interested in joining the Amerigroup Community Care network. We have a diverse network of exceptional health care professionals that ensure our members have uninterrupted access to the health care they need.
You make your patients' lives better. We'll do the same for you.
Our prior authorization, referrals, claims and payment processes are streamlined to help you focus on what you do best — caring for your patients.
We support you with:
- A coordinated approach to care with innovative patient outreach/education.
- Disease and case management resources.
- Patient-centered medical home transformation.
- Online self-service tools and live-agent support
- Local Provider Relations staff committed to your success.
Application and credentialing process
Credentialing and recredentialing process for Medicaid providers
Georgia's Department of Community Health (DCH) now has an NCQA certified centralized Credentialing Verification Organization (CVO) that is responsible for credentialing and recredentialing Medicaid providers currently enrolled or seeking to enroll with Amerigroup in the state of Georgia.
- Providers are required to credential through the Department of Community Health’s (DCH) Centralized Credentialing Verification Organization (CVO).
- All individual practitioners and facilities currently enrolled or seeking to enroll with a Care Management Organization (CMO) will be credentialed and recredentialed through the centralized CVO.
- The CVO’s Credentialing Committee is responsible for credentialing Medicaid providers enrolled or seeking enrollment in the Georgia Families or Georgia Families 360°SM programs.
- Independent Physician Practice Associations (IPA) and Physician Hospital Organizations (PHO) that conduct their own credentialing and to whom the CMOs delegate credentialing are excluded from this process.
- Pharmacies are excluded from the DCH CVO requirements. Once they have established a National Council for Prescription Drug Program (NCPDP) profile with their Medicaid ID and NPI, new pharmacies must contact CVS/Caremark — which oversees the pharmacy network for CarelonRx, Inc. — to enroll into our network.
Submit an application for Medicaid provider credentialing through the GAMMIS web portal .
Questions regarding the centralized CVO initiative can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have questions regarding joining our pharmacy network, contact CVS/Caremark at 866-488-4708 or caremark.com .
Become an Amerigroup provider
Note: Credentialing with DCH does not guarantee your participation status with Amerigroup. Contracting and credentialing are separate and distinct processes. You will need to enter into a Provider Agreement with each CMO.
Please read: This application is for new providers interested in joining the Amerigroup Community Care network. The ancillary or allied health provider category is specific to the following provider types: independent laboratories, audiology, hearing aids, registered dieticians, home health, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, home infusion, dialysis, DME, orthotics and prosthetics, ground and air ambulance, ambulatory surgery centers, free standing birthing centers, free standing imaging centers, community based behavioral health agencies, and urgent care centers. If you are a provider joining an existing agreement, do not complete this application. If you are currently a participating provider with Amerigroup and have questions, please contact your local Provider Experience representative.
We are happy to assist you with any questions about joining the Amerigroup provider network.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Reimbursement Policies
- Provider Manuals, Policies & Guidelines
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Georgia Families 360°℠