Provider Training Academy
Amerigroup Community Care offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos and other training resources as they are available.
Trainings & Tutorials
- Provider Coding Education Webinars
- Georgia Provider Education Webinar
- New Provider Orientation Webinar Schedule
- BH Town Hall Presentation Q2 2021
- Healthy Rewards Program
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Overview
- Appropriate utilization of psychotropic medications and the Georgia Families 360° program
- Behavioral health services and referral process: an overview
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: an overview
- Georgia Families 360°℠ Care Coordination Team: an overview
- A review of medical consent requirements and the Georgia Families 360° program required timelines for services and assessment
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: an overview
Schedules and registration
Provider Pathways eLearning
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Amerigroup Community Care. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff.
In order to launch the Provider Pathways eLearning, you must first complete a short registration.
The provider manual provides key information regarding the quality improvement program, utilization management (UM), quality standards for providers, claims appeals, reimbursement policies and more.
- View or download the Georgia Provider Manual
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinician’s tool for identifying risky substance use behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders. The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
If you wish to print SBIRT educational materials, please review the links below to obtain a downloadable flier and brochure. For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations representative.
Learn about Availity*
Many of the tools you need — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
- Availity Site Guide
- Accessing remittance inquiry process guide
- Claims Appeal Tutorial
- Medication Precertification Tutorial
- Member Information and Panel Listing Guide Tutorial
- Online registration processes for electronic remittance advices and electronic funds transfers
- Precertification Requests in Availity Tutorial
- Precertification Status and Appeals Tutorial (Outpatient Services and Behavioral Health)
- Provider Chat: A fast, easy way to have your questions answered
- Provider Updates: Account Information
Cultural competency resources
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patient website offers learning experiences, techniques and helps you to provide the individualized care every patient deserves regardless of their backgrounds.
Improving the Patient Experience
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience is an online course for providers and office staff that addresses gaps in care and offers approaches to communication with patients. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one CME credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Cultural competency training and toolkit
Information for foster caregivers and advocates
Are you a caregiver or advocate for children, youth or young adults currently or formerly in foster care, getting adoption assistance or in the juvenile justice system? If you have a role in the care of these children and youth, this is your online resource for all the educational tools, assessments, news and events you need to stay informed.
You can access training related to Georgia Families 360°SM and trauma assessments via the Relias Learning site; email email@example.com to get the access code.
Online training in Relias
Amerigroup offers complementary access to an online training system called Relias. You can obtain a login by emailing . Once you have created a login you will be able to access a variety of trainings, most offering CEU credits.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Reimbursement Policies
- Provider Manuals, Policies & Guidelines
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Georgia Families 360°℠